There are many opportunities for you to get involved with our project. Throughout the year we will have monthly community workdays to maintain previous plantings as well as to prepare areas for future plantings.
And, like most non-profits, we can always use financial donations. Please see the section below, Make a Donation, for more information.
Community tree plantings
- January 10, 2009 - David Douglas High School
- February 14, 2009 - Boy Scout
- March 3, 2009 - Kelly Elementary School
- March 10, 2009 - Kelly Elementary School
- February 2009 thru November 2009
Community workdays at least once a month to prep future planting sites and maintain previous plantings. This involves watering all plants for at least the first two years as needed, and weeding, mulching, and invasive or non-native plant removal for at least three years.
- Work days are generally held on the 3rd Saturday of each month – but call first (503-234-4947) to find out where we will be working.
Site preparation with heavy equipment
- June 2009 through September 2009
Fourth year of site prep with large equipment. Removal and recycling of remaining concrete, asphalt and gravel. Bring in soil and compost.
Make a donation
All financial donations are most appreciated and are tax deductible.
All incoming and outgoing finances are managed by Friends of Trees through their Natural Area Restoration Program.
Please make donation checks out payable to:
Friends of Trees / Lents Springwater
and mail to:
Lents Springwater Habitat Restoration Project
2335 SE Pine Street
Portland, OR 97214
© Copyright 2009. All rights reserved.